Saturday, November 7, 2015

Of Jesus Christ

The scriptures my family chose for the last two weeks went really well together.

Last week was Helaman 5:12:

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.


This week is Job 19:25:

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shallstand at the latter day upon the earth:


I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He's my Savior and Redeemer. Nothing else in this world matters if you know those truths. I try to base my life on Him and on His teachings, because I know that's where real joy is found. Nothing else really matters. Either things will align with those beliefs or they're water under the bridge.

If you base your life on Jesus Christ, everything else will work out. He's waiting for us to turn to Him so that He can bless us. And He does bless us, with more than we can ever imagine!

No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)