Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Speaking by the Power of the Holy Ghost

Today, I came across 2 Nephi 33:1. The last half reads, "for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."

In the margins, I have written, "always speak with the Holy Ghost, especially to kids." This was, once again, an eye opener to me. There's been a lot of stress in my life lately, and when I'm stressed I tend to not be so nice. (Read: I tend to yell more.) This scripture made me realize that all the yelling in the world isn't going to do anything!

When I have the Spirit with me, He will carry my message "unto the hearts of the children." If I speak with the Spirit, they'll understand with the Spirit.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

a great insight! thanks.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)