Sunday, July 31, 2016
But today, I NEEDED to hear. Not just listen, but to HEAR what he was saying. We had a returned missionary speak. I'm sure half of my notes are more my thoughts than what he actually said, but he gave an amazing talk. Here are a few of my notes:
- David & Goliath
- this church is true. What am I going to give up for it? (He talked about a couple converts giving things up simply because the Church is true, and they knew that.)
- we need to impress the Lord and no one else
- it's easy to lose focus when people aren't watching
- do what's hard
- look to the future - make every day the highlight of my life
- we can all move mountains, with the Lord's help and with the faith to do it. But we have to "take our pick and shovel and start moving that mountain."
- family is the most important thing -- family is everything
- love is the essence of the Gospel
- if we lose that love, WE need to take a step back and make a change
It was the perfect talk for me. Exactly what I needed to hear. :)
Sunday, April 17, 2016
I know I've neglected this blog, but I DID have a baby, so hopefully you'll forgive me for that. :)
I have a strong testimony of the Sabbath day. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have before this focus we've had in the past year. But now I understand more. I also have a part-time job now, so I appreciate the Sabbath even more!! My mind is constantly thinking about the business, so it's nice to have that weight lifted off each Sunday and really focus on other things.
I know that as we focus on Christ and truly make the Sabbath a delight, we will be blessed!