Thursday, January 23, 2014

Of the First Article of Faith

We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

As my family studies the Articles of Faith this year, I wanted to reflect that study in my blog. I absolutely love this Gospel and I love the simplicity of it. If we had nothing but the 13 Articles of Faith, we would have enough!

Latter-day Saints believe that the three members of the Godhead are three separate beings. We believe God is our literal Father in Heaven. His eldest son, Jesus Christ, is also our eldest brother. He volunteered to be the Savior of this world, so that we could return to live with Heavenly Father. The Holy Ghost is also an important member of the Godhead. If we are striving to be obedient, He can be our constant companion - showing us the way we should go.

We believe they are three separate beings, united in their purpose - to bring all of God's children back to Him after this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)