Sunday, July 31, 2016

Of Hearing What You Need to Hear

Every once in a while, church speakers say exactly what I need to hear. I'm sure they do every single week, but trying to keep four kids quiet makes it slightly impossible to truly focus every week.

But today, I NEEDED to hear. Not just listen, but to HEAR what he was saying. We had a returned missionary speak. I'm sure half of my notes are more my thoughts than what he actually said, but he gave an amazing talk. Here are a few of my notes:

- David & Goliath
- this church is true. What am I going to give up for it? (He talked about a couple converts giving things up simply because the Church is true, and they knew that.)
- we need to impress the Lord and no one else
- it's easy to lose focus when people aren't watching
     - do what's hard
     - integrity
- look to the future - make every day the highlight of my life
- we can all move mountains, with the Lord's help and with the faith to do it. But we have to "take our pick and shovel and start moving that mountain."
- family is the most important thing -- family is everything
- love is the essence of the Gospel
     - if we lose that love, WE need to take a step back and make a change

It was the perfect talk for me. Exactly what I needed to hear. :)

No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)