Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stillness

Once again, I followed a chain of scriptures and discovered some interesting things. This time, I read 1 Nephi 3:7, which is a scripture most people know. But I decided to focus on the word "prepare." After reading the other cross references, the last one was D&C 5:34. "Yea, for this cause I have said: Stop, and stand still until I command thee, and I will provide means whereby thou mayest accomplish the thing which I have commanded thee." The first part of this scripture really struck me! "Stop and stand still until I command thee." I went to read the cross references for stand and came across 1 Samuel 9:27. The last part reads, "stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God."

In order to know the word of God, we need to stop! Just stop and wait for the Spirit of the Lord to come into our lives and show us what He would have us do. So many times we get caught up in LIFE, that we forget what it's all about! It's not about a spotless house or putting our kids into 5 different classes. It's about learning the word of God and following His commandments. When we stop running around so much, He will lead us to where we need to be.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Stop and stand still. How true that is. Thanks for sharing this.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)