Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Recent Videos from the Church

Recently, the Church has put out some really excellent videos on YouTube. I appreciate the time they take to make these videos. You can't help but feel the Spirit as you watch them.

Voice of the Spirit - I remember when Pres. Faust gave this talk. It's an excellent reminder about how to shift our lives so that our priorities are where they need to be.



Parenting: Touching the Hearts of Our Youth - This video reminds me that I need to be mentally present when I'm with my children. So many times, I'm thinking about other things. I need to just be there for them. I have a quote taped to my computer screen that says, "The best thing to spend on your children is your time." (Louis Hart) How true that is!



Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light - This man taught me that I need to forgive, no matter how big the offense.



No Regrets - I loved this video, because I, too, have a testimony of seminary. I think that's where I really became converted to the Gospel. I've been a member my whole life, but seminary opened my eyes to things I hadn't before realized. It taught me the ways of the Spirit.



Two Brothers Apart: The 5,000 Day Project - This video really affected me, mostly because I see glimpses of my daughters' relationship in the relationship between these two brothers - some of the good and some of the bad. It gives me hope that all the bickering will soon disappear, and my girls will be best friends all the time, not just some of the time.

No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)