- Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. (Great, direct thought for my boys.)
- No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (Yeah, that makes sense--look towards the kingdom of God instead!)
- If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: (Hmmm...which choice sounds better?)
- But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. (This makes sense.)
- If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work. (Love the word choice here--I want to be a "vessel unto honour")
- And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, (Easier said than done, sure, but this definitely paints us a peaceful scene.)
Do you have some favorite one-liners?