Friday, November 28, 2008

The Great Camp of the Lord

Joel 2:10 reads in part, "the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great". In reading that this morning, I was reminded once again how wonderful it is that not only can we have the Lord with us, He will go before us. This terminology is used fairly regularly in the scriptures. I think it is significant because God knows what is coming up ahead and can guide us through the rough spots as we allow him to do so.

Verses 12 and 13 give a good reminder as to how we can join/remain in His great camp. I was glad I read these scriptures today to remind me to watch and listen for the Lord's guidance as I go througout my day rather than stumbling around on my own and not finding the best way. Perhaps the Lord has some rock climbing equipment or an airplane to help me navigate through/over/around the obstacles that I can see.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

One of my favorite scriptures is D&C 84:88, where it says, in part, "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mind angels round about you, to bear you up."

I love that whenever we need help, no matter what way we're facing, we will have the help we need!

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)