Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Lord is Over All

I read Ephesians 4 this morning while still feeling a little discouraged. Verses 4-6 reminded me of the fact that God is in charge. Verse 6 tells me God is above all, through all and in all. This is the perfect thing to remember until "we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God" (vs 13). That we are not tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine through cunning craftiness (vs 14). Other verses talk of love and of learning of Christ. Is that not what we all need? Verse 32 says that we are to be kind and forgiving as Christ is.

Perfect, perfect. All of it. Just what I needed. It doesn't matter what is going on in the world around me. I need to be an example and help others that have yet to learn of Christ. I need to promote righteousness where I can. The word of the Lord is more powerful than anything else and can bring more change to this world than anything else.

I love the scriptures. There is always help to be found in them. :)

No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)