Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Bread

Today, as the sacrament was being passed, I heard a little boy behind me say, “Daddy, this is good bread! I really like it!”

I thought about what he had said. I know he meant it literally tasted good, but I thought about the fact that it really is good bread. There is, in fact, no better. It is the bread we get to eat to cleanse ourselves again and renew our covenants to be like Christ. It is good bread because it symbolizes the sacrifice Christ made for us. It is good bread because through it we are made whole once again.

I can echo what the little boy said. “It is good bread. I really like it.” Where would I be without it?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Out of the mouths of babes, right? :) Who else can mean something so simple, yet so profound!

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)