Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Will Come



I kind of feel like I'm in the middle of my own Friday. I have a list of things weighing me down... I'm glad I saw this video today, because it really put things into perspective. Part of Elder Hale's Conference talk also put things into perspective:

"Our challenges, including those we create by our own decisions, are part of our test in mortality. Let me assure you that your situation is not beyond the reach of our Savior. Through Him, every struggle can be for our experience and our good. Each temptation we overcome is to strengthen us, not destroy us. The Lord will never allow us to suffer beyond what we can endure."

I'm in the middle of a Friday in my life, but it's strengthening me and preparing me for my next Sunday.

1 comment:

Sarah Blue said...

I subbed in Relief Soceity last Sunday. The lesson was Teachings for Our Times and Elder Hales' talk was the chosen topic. I especially love that even when we bring suffering and trials onto ourselves through our "ill-advised choices", Heavenly Father can still turn it around and use the bad to teach us and strengthen us...If we let him.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)