I've neglected this blog for way too long! As I listened to Conference last week, I made a goal that I would try to use the Internet as a tool to bring myself and others closer to Christ.
I'm grateful to others that do the same. Steph at Diapers and Divinity is one of those. She's been doing a General Conference Book Club for several Conferences now, and I've decided to join in the discussion this time around. So every week, I'm going to copy and paste the notes I make as I re-read/listen to each talk.
- the scriptures are a handbook for us - guidance for us
- the scriptures are pure truth
- "Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high."
- they're how we communicate with God and Christ
- learning, pondering, searching, memorizing - like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths
- "Great power can come from memorizing scriptures."
- pondering scriptures gives a great deal of direction to life
- the scriptures can heal emotional challenges
- we need to read them over and over again because they take on new meanings, as we're going through new trials/experiences
- all the scriptures are important, not just the Book of Mormon
** - I love that he shows by example - he quoted by memory a scripture from each part of the standard works
- "Those who consistently read the Book of Mormon are blessed with an added measure of the spirit of the Lord."