Monday, October 17, 2011

GC Notes - Sister Thompson, October 2011

NOTES FOR GCBC - Barbara Thompson, "Personal Revelation and Testimony"

- personal revelation is how we gain our testimony
- personal revelation guides us (how do we know what to do in life without it?)
- "have ye inquired of the Lord?" - have I?
- to receive - desire to receive, not harden our hearts, ask in faith, diligently keep the commandments
- study D&C 6
- most often, it will come as we study the scriptures, listen to prophets, seek to live a righteous life - I need to do these things if I want revelation
- be humble and faithful
- seek for wisdom instead of power
- seek guidance from the Holy Ghost
- your soul is satisfied when you are filled with the Spirit (formula for contentment)
- "It is our testimony, combined with our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation which helps get us through these times of trial and hardship."
- "The testimony kept me."
- we must nourish and strengthen our testimony to keep it strong
- sometimes the Spirit is so delicate that we may not be conscious of it - to me, that means I need to be more aware of everything around me and in me - the Spirit isn't going to yell messages to me



I know the Lord can and WILL guide each of us as we seek His guidance and try to do what He asks us to do.

No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)