Monday, October 12, 2015

Of Prophets

This week, my 11 year old chose our scripture to focus on. Here's what she chose:




D&C 1:38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.


I'm glad she chose this scripture. It's one of my favorites. I've always had a testimony of prophets - especially our living prophets. I've always looked forward to Conference and to hearing their words. The older I get, the more I realize that I need to DEPEND on their words.

This world is a scary place. I can't begin to imagine going through life without some sort of direction. The scriptures are marvelous, but I love that the prophets' words work hand-in-hand with the scriptures. They provide modern guidance for modern issues.

I'm excited for my kids to be getting older so I can share this love with them. We're studying all the Conference talks together over the next several weeks. I know that as we study the words of the prophets, the Spirit will enter our homes. Our homes will then become a refuge from the storms of this world.



No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)