Friday, October 23, 2015

Of Service

This week, my daughter chose Mosiah 2:17 for us to focus on. It says:

17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.


I love service. I'm 8 months pregnant right now, and it has been so hard to not be able to serve others like I want to. It really does make me happy. And I know that's why the scriptures tell us it's important - not only for those that we serve, but for US.

So many people in the world are focused only on themselves, it seems. What would the world look like if every single person focused on someone else? Even if for just one day?

I know as we serve, we will find joy. As we look beyond our own lives and our own shortcomings, we can all find something that we can do for someone else, no matter how small. Because a lot of times, something that seems so small to us can have a great effect on the person receiving the service.

Here's a great little video we watched for Family Home Evening to go along with my thoughts. :)



No comments:

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)