Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Of the Scriptures

General Conference made me realize that there's so much I can share with the world, simply by sharing my testimony. So it's time to resurrect this blog!

I do have a testimony of the scriptures. All of the scriptures - the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, and the words of our modern prophets. After a wonderful weekend, I'm especially grateful for modern revelation that continues to guide us.

This week, I've chosen 2 Nephi 25:26 to ponder.


26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.


"We write according to our prophecies." That's the part I've been missing. Not that I get prophecies like the prophet, of course. But I need to write my testimony down so my kids know without a doubt that I believe. And also so they know where they can turn when life gets hard.

I KNOW that we can find answers when we search the scriptures. I also know that when you spend some time in the scriptures each and every day, there is a special spirit that comes into your home. Your days go more smoothly. Your kids don't fight as much...

The scriptures just make life better!

1 comment:

Tina said...

That's my all time favorite scripture and it has meant different things to me at different seasons of parenthood. Right now, we talk of Christ (recognize the tender mercies) so that we can better rejoice in Christ (be more grateful) and can then better preach of Christ (on their missions).

I'm glad you are resurrecting this blog.

If you would like to contribute to this blog, please email me at blhvamos [at] gmail [dot] com to be included as a blog author! (If I don't know you personally, please include your blog address or some background information about yourself. Thanks!)